Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How To Turn Off Or Disable Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appliance's Bluetooth is always on and don't know how to turn it off. Appliance can be connected through app on Android phone, but there are just settings for adjustments but not to turn off Bluetooth.

Anyone know of a way to connect with the appliance through some kind of app on Android phone or program on computer that can turn off Bluetooth?

If I can't find app or program that can turn off Bluetooth on this appliance, than can at least one of those ways disable Bluetooth?
1. Desolder or cut out the Bluetooth antenna?
2. Desolder or cut out the Bluetooth chip (full cut out of the chip of just 1 of the pins)?

Below are photos of board with embedded Bluetooth chip and antenna:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Harald Kapp

Remove C17
upload_2021-4-4_12-30-17.png
This will disconnetc the antenna from the bluetooth circuit. This is permanent, you cannot turn bluetooth on and off by this method.

May I ask why you want to disable bluetooth? It will not save a considerable amount of energy.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Seems to me you would want to disable Bluetooth capability IN the Appliance. That would prevent the Appliance from being "paired" with ANY Bluetooth remote control. Find the Bluetooth transceiver located inside the Appliance and disable it.

davenn

Seems to me you would want to disable Bluetooth capability IN the Appliance. That would prevent the Appliance from being "paired" with ANY Bluetooth remote control. Find the Bluetooth transceiver located inside the Appliance and disable it.

that's the photo's he has provided :) :)

Remove C17
View attachment 51467
This will disconnetc the antenna from the bluetooth circuit. This is permanent, you cannot turn bluetooth on and off by this method.

May I ask why you want to disable bluetooth? It will not save a considerable amount of energy.
After I remove C17, can the Bluetooth chip still send out a signal even thou the antenna is cut (like a small radius signal)?

The reason I want to disable Bluetooth is because I am not planning on using it, but it will constantly send out non stop signals which could be not healthy especially with food around.

Is that the chip by the antenna with U2 by it?

The reason I want to disable Bluetooth is because I am not planning on using it, but it will constantly send out non stop signals which could be not healthy especially with food around

I see what you are trying to do now. Yes U2, what is written on it? Any letters or numbers?.
But this might not be a good idea to disable it.
The food expiry date is important and needs Bluetooth to communicate with the smart recycle bin.

Martin

davenn

So I could probably just desolder or cut out the chip and without the main Bluetooth chip there will be no signal (even a small radius)?[/QUOTE

Disconnect the power rail to the chip as has already been suggested ... much less brutal

I see what you are trying to do now. Yes U2, what is written on it? Any letters or numbers?.
But this might not be a good idea to disable it.
The food expiry date is important and needs Bluetooth to communicate with the smart recycle bin.

Martin
If I remember right, there is nothing written on that chip (99.99% sure).

The Bluetooth is for adjusting the temperature which can be adjusted on the outside control menu with buttons (without connecting thru Bluetooth) and also for some settings which I will probably leave as factory default anyways.

Disconnect the power rail to the chip as has already been suggested ... much less brutal
If I do take out the whole chip, is it possible the board will stop working if it is somehow connected or programmed with the Bluetooth chip and if the chip is missing than the appliance won't work?

I maybe could try to reprogram the chip and if successful will be much cleaner, but the thing is I don't know if a on/off function for Bluetooth is even programmed into the chip?

If I take out the chip and the appliance will work than this seems like much simpler.

Websites like the following
Here, here and here are purely scare mongering.

If you disable your bluetooth device, you still have next doors and others down the road and while shopping. You still have wifi from next door, down the road and in restaurants.
You receive TV broadcasts and radio RF everywhere you go on earth (almost).
You must own a mobile phone?
You must have internet?.
You probably have an electric garage door or gate.. And probably a keyless entry/start vehicle.
The list is endless and you cannot hide from it.
Just leave your appliance alone or buy one without technology built in. But remember, next door and down the road probably have several.
I have a question for you, I was being facetious about the bluetooth and food expiry dates. So what do you think happens to food near Bluetooth?.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.