Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to interface condenser MIC output converted to Infrared transmitter output

Here we are using many products using with Remote controller . Since we need to replacing the existing one to voice based control through IR transmitter. So We need to provide the voice MIC input to IR transmitter and get the output to IR receiver through IR LED.
Is it possible?

Example: You just tell " Play " the system will play the Song.

Welcome to EP!
It's certainly possible, but not straightforward. For voice control you will obviously need a microprocessor with voice recognition software able to A/D convert the microphone signal (which will need amplification and perhaps analogue filtering before the A/D conversion to avoid aliasing).

Reactions: KRK
Thank you so much for your reply.Need some clarification regarding this. I already explained we have some products and changed to voice recognize in IR in Tx side. No more change in the product receiver side.

Note: Here i talked about only in the Transmitter side.

1.When We use ADC, the digital I2S data - is it possible to connect with IR Tx LED.
2. One more methods are MIC in --> Preamp Section out --> Control voltage of the 555 timer ---> 555 timer output to Microprocessor IN ----> Microprocessor out ( analyse and create the data in the form of receiver section ) to IR Tx LED.

Thanks

Last edited:
You are not making any sense. First you say only the transmitter is modified, then you talk about putting the voice on the IR LED. An unmodified receiver is not going to respond to voice over the IR input.

I think what you are trying to do is this:

1. You have an existing remote control device that uses normal digital IR commands. For example there is a PLAY command and a STOP command.

2. You want to continue using the same receiver with the PLAY and STOP commands, but have the transmitter accept voice commands, recognize them and send the corresponding digital command to the receiver.

If this is the case, you need voice recognition software on the remote (transmitter) which recognizes the spoken commands, then issues the remote control digital commands based on what it recognized.

Bob

You are not making any sense. First you say only the transmitter is modified, then you talk about putting the voice on the IR LED. An unmodified receiver is not going to respond to voice over the IR input.

I think what you are trying to do is this:

1. You have an existing remote control device that uses normal digital IR commands. For example there is a PLAY command and a STOP command.

2. You want to continue using the same receiver with the PLAY and STOP commands, but have the transmitter accept voice commands, recognize them and send the corresponding digital command to the receiver.

If this is the case, you need voice recognition software on the remote (transmitter) which recognizes the spoken commands, then issues the remote control digital commands based on what it recognized.

Bob

Thanks for your reply. As per your reply I understood that,

1 - Digitized the audio signal from the microphone using an ADC and MCU.
2 - Use voice recognition software to convert the sound to a command.

How this command converted into IR remote control data stream. This is for software code in Micro controller or need to provide any hardware option for the same.

Please explain some briefly.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to EP!
It's certainly possible, but not straightforward. For voice control you will obviously need a microprocessor with voice recognition software able to A/D convert the microphone signal (which will need amplification and perhaps analogue filtering before the A/D conversion to avoid aliasing).
Please briefly some more explanation.. Thanks

Thanks for your reply. As per your reply I understood that,

1 - Digitized the audio signal from the microphone using an ADC and MCU.
2 - Use voice recognition software to convert the sound to a command.

How this command converted into IR remote control data stream. This is for software code in Micro controller or need to provide any hardware option for the same.

Please explain some briefly.

Thanks in advance.
That is the easy part. The same microcontroller/ computer that recgnized the spoken command can easily send the command sequencie over IR.

Bob

That is the easy part. The same microcontroller/ computer that recgnized the spoken command can easily send the command sequencie over IR.

Bob
Thank you. Is there any part number is available for voice recognize software are inbuilt or support micro controller. If you know please let me.

Last edited:
You will have to program the voice recognition software to give you a respective distinctive output signal for each word/command you want to recognise. You then use those signals as inputs to software routines which generate respective output pulse sequences which get transmitted by the IR transmitter and which your IR receiver is programmed to recognise as valid commands.

Harald Kapp

Have a look at the LIRC software and the accompanying documentation.

The steps your design needs to follow are:
  • pick up and if necessary amplify the audio signal via microphone and amplifier.
  • digitize the analog signal and feed it to a processor.
  • run the speech recognition software on the processor to detect the allowed commands.
  • depending on the command which has been detected, generate the required IR-code and send it via an IR diode to the receiver.

To be honest: In the light of the questions you needed to ask I think this idea is not ready for your skills. Have a look at this project to get some more insight.

Last edited:
Have a look at the LIRC software and the accompanying documentation.

The steps your design needs to follow are:
  • pick up and if necessayr amplify the audio signal via microphone and amplifier.
  • digitize the analog signal and feed it to a processor.
  • run the speech recognition software on the processor to detect the allowed commands.
  • depending on the command which has been detected, generate the required IR-code and send it via an IR diode to the receiver.

To be honest: In the light of the questions you needed to ask I think this idea is not ready for your skills. Have a look at this project to get somemore insight.
Thank you !!!