Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to adjust the backlight of the LCD?

I want to brighten my LCD, its specification says 300cd/m², I want to brighten it to 350cd/m²-400cd/m².
How to adjust the backlight of the LCD?

Attachments

• QQ图片20210803182012.jpg
    QQ图片20210803182012.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 2

Harald Kapp

The backlight is probably powered by this section:
upload_2021-8-6_7-0-30.png
Does this 5-pin cable lead to the backlight? If so please provide a close up image of this section so we can identify components. It may be able to change the LED current by changing a resistor here. Are you prepared for some SMD soldering here?
Note that increasing the brightness may reduce the lifetime of the backlight/display due to higher thermal stress.

The backlight is probably powered by this section:
View attachment 52585
Does this 5-pin cable lead to the backlight? If so please provide a close up image of this section so we can identify components. It may be able to change the LED current by changing a resistor here. Are you prepared for some SMD soldering here?
Note that increasing the brightness may reduce the lifetime of the backlight/display due to higher thermal stress.
I am attaching a close-up view of this part via attachment.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 3

davenn

Yes, it's a touch screen.

OK as Harald asked, see if it is possible to identify the cable connections to the backlight

Are there 2 rows of light ? across top and bottom of screen or just along one edge ?

chances are they will be one or 2 strips of LED's Light Emitting Diodes but possibly almost
impossible to see as they will be buried under the metal/plastic casing around the panel