Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hookah Air Compressor 12v

Hello,everyone.
I have built a shallow Water diving Hookah.The Compressor Motor is 12v 8aAh 100W..Diaphragm(Oilless).....I'm not to well versed in Electronics.I want to make a Lithium Ion Bat Pack for it.....I don't have a BMS to use.But I do have a dedicated Charger.So I don't think overcharging will be a Problem,without the BMS.
OVER DISCHARGING WOULD BE THE PROBLEM thinking I would notice the output(Air) of the Compressor,And stop the Dive,before the Batt Pac got pulled down to the Danger Zone(2.7-2.75v)...My Question is.IF THE BATT PAC FALLS OFF TO,SAY 6v or 8v Will the motor performance be noticeable? That would give me a Clue to end the dive and not ruin the Batt..How under powered does the Motor have to be,before it's Harmed.I would notice it right away with harder breathing And shut down.Thanks for any Help...stoneshirt.

I use a AGM 50AH 12V battery for my 12v Hookah as its reasonably light & gives plenty of dive time. Lithium batterys tend to be easily damaged if flattened too far. By the time you notice your not geting enough air its probably not good for the Lithium battery.

I use a AGM 50AH 12V battery for my 12v Hookah as its reasonably light & gives plenty of dive time. Lithium batterys tend to be easily damaged if flattened too far. By the time you notice your not geting enough air its probably not good for the Lithium battery.
Hi.Wow,that's alota Amps.Do you have an exceptionally large Compressor.?...I've been waiting for somebody to jump in,and give me a McGyver LOW BATTERY Cutoff switch.Maybe a12v Relay?...or something I can make out of an old Tuna Fish Can,and some Duc-Tape?....stoneshirt..I'm shooting for a Hookah that's light weight.I don't drive,and I have to go by Bus/Taxi for the Beach.I was shooting for something to rival the Blu-Nemo,I have it,except for the Batt....I'm very poor.
PICT0191.JPG

Mine pulls10A at max pressure. Theres 2 compressors as i found one did not supply enough air for me.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    587.7 KB · Views: 3