Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Home Control with Beagle Bone Black

Hi,
I want to learn something about small computers like the Beagle Bone Black. I'm new to Linux and there are many new things I learn every day.

I love learning by doing and I think the best way is to start with a useful project. Since a long time I want to control my house remotely. Checking if the windows are closed, what power consumers are running and so on.

I did some research about add-on modules for the Beagle Bone Black but did not find anything that fits my needs. A platform with analog and digital IOs maybe temperature measurement would be the best for my project. Lots of IO modules I found do not have support for Linux. Those who have are a way too expensive.

I appreciate all information and recommendations of some solutions.

Regards

Hans

mysensors.org they have the schematics and fun stuff you need. beagle bone is not listed as supported yet but you could sweet talk the guys

One solution is using complete separated equipment which e.g. can be connected via USB.

We used some time ago the LucidControl IO Modules and they do what they should. We measure some voltages and control some switches. They have modules for different purposes. Also a reasonable solution for 4-20mA which is only supplied by USB.

Check the website, I think they mentioned the Beagle Bone Black somewhere.