Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Microcontroller and home automation control project

Hello everyone! I need an advice. I am interested for some time in microcontrollers, and I have already made ​​some project for home automation control ...

But I would like to have the way to remotely manage the gate of the hen-house... I wish I could drive a motor that opens and closes the gate in the evening, when the hens are all in, and possibly also control the lights on the garden path ...
What do you recommend to me?
Thanks to all!

Ther was a thread here 'Automatic chicken coop door opener' here a while ago. You could have a look at that to start.

Hello everyone! I need an advice. I am interested for some time in microcontrollers, and I have already made ​​some project for home automation control ...

But I would like to have the way to remotely manage the gate of the hen-house... I wish I could drive a motor that opens and closes the gate in the evening, when the hens are all in, and possibly also control the lights on the garden path ...
What do you recommend to me?
Thanks to all!

I think I found the solution for my project. After days and days of searches and tests, I found a Wi-Fi programmable module. I don't need external host processor as it combines Processor power (Microchip PIC24FJ) with Connectivity ( WI-FI Certified Transceiver). I read the datasheet and I can tell you that is a fantastic device.

I think I found the solution for my project. After days and days of searches and tests, I found a Wi-Fi programmable module. I don't need external host processor as it combines Processor power (Microchip PIC24FJ) with Connectivity ( WI-FI Certified Transceiver). I read the datasheet and I can tell you that is a fantastic device.

Were did you find it? I'm interested because I going to be working on some home automation stuff before to long and I wanted it to connect to our house Wi-Fi.