Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi everyone

hi everybody
Even though i use this forum often i havent really introduced myself here.
My name is rick, i am 14 and i like electronics (thats why i am here!)
I have been into electronics for about two years now although i was obsessed with cords when i was a toddler.
I want to become an electrician when i finish school (i would rather be an electrican than an engineer because i hate sitting down in an office and would rather move around and there little demand for electronics engineers)
I dont really have any fancy projects to boast about but i am currently playing around with a 555 flyback driver (i am not driving flybacks because i dont want to get killed/burned) and instead i am running smps transformers, CCFL transformers (with great care) and even common mode chokes.
my favourite bit of test gear i own would have to be my fluke 179 which a friends dad gave to me who is an engineer took from a work site that he was finishing (he said they were going to throw it out so he saved it and gave it to me)
These school holidays (the big 8 weeks:cool:) i have plans to build a variable power supply and an induction heater.

hi everybody
Even though i use this forum often i havent really introduced myself here.
My name is rick, i am 14 and i like electronics (thats why i am here!)
I have been into electronics for about two years now although i was obsessed with cords when i was a toddler.
I want to become an electrician when i finish school (i would rather be an electrican than an engineer because i hate sitting down in an office and would rather move around and there little demand for electronics engineers)
I dont really have any fancy projects to boast about but i am currently playing around with a 555 flyback driver (i am not driving flybacks because i dont want to get killed/burned) and instead i am running smps transformers, CCFL transformers (with great care) and even common mode chokes.
my favourite bit of test gear i own would have to be my fluke 179 which a friends dad gave to me who is an engineer took from a work site that he was finishing (he said they were going to throw it out so he saved it and gave it to me)
These school holidays (the big 8 weeks:cool:) i have plans to build a variable power supply and an induction heater.

Hi Rick, nice to meet you.
Adam