Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with generator problem? anyone?

Hi, I am a newb here so first time posting.

I came here specifically looking for help with a generator I purchased as used/not working and I am seeing if I can get it to work.

It's a Honda EU20i inverter generator, I have searched online and have now checked the rectifier and that test shows it's okay. I haven't checked stator (Not sure ) or the inverter ( Again don't know how to test )

The main issue is the front control board has no led lights displaying and it doesn't produce AC power.

Anyone out there familiar with these?

Cheers

First thing would be to get a service manual.
Then, depending on your ability, trace through the fault charts/trouble shoot guide to see if you can find just where the fault lies.
Then, replace the offending parts.
It is not normal these days to be able to repair many of these "modules" but again, that depends on your ability.

Model I found different from your but included anyhow.
https://halcyontimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/eu2000i-repair-manual.pdf

File pdf too large to include here.

About all you can check on these types of generators is the out put of the main 3 phase windings ( If its a 240V gen there will be about 350V ac betwean each phase. If 110V then about half that) The sub winding is around 12V ac, this feeds the electronics in the Inverter. If these check out ok then its probably the inverter that's faulty & will be why it was thrown out (quite expensive)