Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 5-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-1000

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all,

I am building a 1hz clock using a 32.768khz crystal, 4060IC, and a 4027IC.

I have built the circuit twice on a bread board driving it with a 9v battery and it works. I also have built the circuit 4 times on a circuit board with no luck. My last attempt is used the exact layout as in the schematic, which I got from hackers bench(crystal controlled 1hz based time clock).

I have no clue what is wrong. I am in desperate need of help and would greatly appreciate any information.

The component values are as follows:

LH IC=4060

RH IC=4027

R1=330KOHM

R2=6.8MOHM

R3=6.8MOHM

C1=33pf

C2=33pf

Y1=32.768KHZ

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 200

Harald Kapp

It's a bit strenuous to follow a circuit without a schematic (for those interested: the circuit is described here). Let me assume the top diagram is correct. Furthermore it looks ss if the solder job is equivalent to the diagram.
What do you mean by " I also have built the circuit 4 times on a circuit board with no luck" ? Does the circuit not operate at all? Does it work at the wrong frequency? Or what?

One thing that comes to mind when looking at this design is the absence of blocking capacitors for the ICs. Put a 100nF ceramic capacitor from Vcc to GND directly at each IC, keeping the leads as short as possible.