Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help fixing TV Panasonic TX-P42UT30E

Again, sorry for my late reply. The TV works finally. :) I had luck since the only bad components were the diode and the resistor. For the diode now I used the 1N 5399 G as replacement and for the resistor I've managed to find 8ohm 5W ceramic resistor and thermal 142C fuse as well. I've twisted their one pair of leads (I was paying attention to the thermal one since its leads are small pipes filled with gas for the thermal conduction) and soldered them on the board with their other leads. The TV went in standby immediately and powered ON as normal. You can see in the picture below the diversion I made with the resistor and this is only temporary. I am still struggling to find the original one online and as soon as I get it I'll replace it on the board. As for the end could you please explain me what is the purpose of the thermal fuse along the resistor and if it should get blown if the resistor reaches temperature higher then 142C why it didn't blow but instead the resistor was the one that suffer?
Marking this thread as FIXED. Thank you all of you guys again and stay well.
WP_20171106_19_08_51_Raw.jpg