Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hall effect switching info needed

18 cylinders? It is so hard to control a single cylinder spark because of the variation in rpm when the shaft is turning. Like over 800 rpm per. Spark. Like wham,. 800, slows down cause if you hit it again wham 1600+ next hit...3200, then 6400,,. Yeah yeah boom engine blows up!
I understand exactly what you've said here, which is a miracle in itself, but I did think about advance and retard as ICE's are all I know about, and yes I paralleled the petrol engine sparking system, because with my electric motor I'd still need an ever changing TDC that was in sync with the RPM.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Hello,
I am building an electro-mechanical aero engine and I need to switch on power to a coil every time a piston is so called fired. ...
What, exactly, is "an electro-mechanical aero engine?" Is this an internal combustion engine (ICE), running on petrol, that is used to spin the propeller of an aircraft? Is it a full-sized engine intended for manned flight, or a smaller, model, engine? Why do you want to use eighteen cylinders? Are the cylinders to be arranged in a radial configuration, like spokes of a wheel? Is the engine a four-stroke or a two-stroke ICE? What horsepower do you need to achieve at 1000 rpm? If this engine is to turn a propeller, what is the diameter, pitch, and number of blades? How reliable does the engine have to be?

What, exactly, is "an electro-mechanical aero engine?" Is this an internal combustion engine (ICE), running on petrol, that is used to spin the propeller of an aircraft? Is it a full-sized engine intended for manned flight, or a smaller, model, engine? Why do you want to use eighteen cylinders? Are the cylinders to be arranged in a radial configuration, like spokes of a wheel? Is the engine a four-stroke or a two-stroke ICE? What horsepower do you need to achieve at 1000 rpm? If this engine is to turn a propeller, what is the diameter, pitch, and number of blades? How reliable does the engine have to be?
It's an electric motor, but doesn't look or work like a standard electric motor. I will come back to this forum when I have a patent and post a link to a youtube video.

Electric motors have been optimised over many years, you are not likely to make anything more efficient. The magnetic gap can be very small, of the order of 1mm. It sounds as if your system uses pistons sliding in cylinders so you will have a large magnetic gap and large friction losses.

I would be interested to know how you get on.

Electric motors have been optimised over many years, you are not likely to make anything more efficient. The magnetic gap can be very small, of the order of 1mm. It sounds as if your system uses pistons sliding in cylinders so you will have a large magnetic gap and large friction losses.

Hi Duke, I'm not using electro magnets so it's hard to imagine the engine without seeing it.

Hi Duke, I was hoping your interest would be ongoing as I feel I will need your knowledge regarding the coil. The design is like nothing you have seen so try to forget what an electric motor looks like as mine is completely weird lol. If there is a PM facility, I'll be happy to give you my email and / or phone number. If you can help me I will reward you accordingly. Just to put your mind at rest, this is not the first invention that I have patented. I start the build next week when the rotor arrives. I work on self belief and original thought, and so far I've done ok. Hope to hear from you soon.

18 cylinders? It is so hard to control a single cylinder spark because of the variation in rpm when the shaft is turning. Like over 800 rpm per. Spark. Like wham,. 800, slows down cause if you hit it again wham 1600+ next hit...3200, then 6400,,. Yeah yeah boom engine blows up!
Rubbish....

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
It's an electric motor, but doesn't look or work like a standard electric motor. I will come back to this forum when I have a patent and post a link to a youtube video.
Good for you! We've seen people like you before who come to this forum asking for help, but are unwilling to reveal exactly what they are doing because they lack a patent and fear that someone will steal their million dollar invention. It's happened before, with and without patents! Google "intermittent windshield wiper inventor" for a real horror story.

So now you think you have part of your solution... a Hall-effect sensor. Go putter around some more, make a working model if you think that will help obtain a patent, make a YouTube video of your revolutionary new electric motor in action. But realize that videos are easily faked. A proper drawing is worth a thousand fanciful claims, video "proof" or not. And you generally cannot obtain a patent without drawings. So, if you can make it, then you should be able to draw up plans in sufficient detail that anyone "skilled in the art" can make it. When you feel comfortable doing that, come back to this forum with more questions. Until then, I am going to file this thread away under the heading of Woo Woo projects. I would suggest the moderators do the same, so forum members can quit wasting their time and move on to helping someone else.

My father's uncle had several patents dealing with caterpillar tracks. He did not have enough money to keep the patents active and never made anything out of it. I worked for an organisation which patented everything for a time but never made anything out of them so decided to publish instead to stop others patenting.

The way to benefit would appear to collaborate with a production company and sell lots before others get into the act.

Good for you! We've seen people like you before who come to this forum asking for help, but are unwilling to reveal exactly what they are doing because they lack a patent and fear that someone will steal their million dollar invention. It's happened before, with and without patents! Google "intermittent windshield wiper inventor" for a real horror story.

So now you think you have part of your solution... a Hall-effect sensor. Go putter around some more, make a working model if you think that will help obtain a patent, make a YouTube video of your revolutionary new electric motor in action. But realize that videos are easily faked. A proper drawing is worth a thousand fanciful claims, video "proof" or not. And you generally cannot obtain a patent without drawings. So, if you can make it, then you should be able to draw up plans in sufficient detail that anyone "skilled in the art" can make it. When you feel comfortable doing that, come back to this forum with more questions. Until then, I am going to file this thread away under the heading of Woo Woo projects. I would suggest the moderators do the same, so forum members can quit wasting their time and move on to helping someone else.
I asked for help, I got help, I have new and constructive connections with my fellow man which is a positive outcome don't you think? No you didn't think, instead you climbed upon a lofty perch and spewed derision into a pool of hope, an action which I can only assume by your tone that you are very proud of. Alas it was all in vain as I do not possess aggression. I imagine you have already lodged an appeal with the moderator of this forum, and just for fun I will attempt to guess it's wording. "Dear Moderator, could you please ban Nomanoba as I suspect that he is asking straight forward questions for the sole purpose of winding me up"

My father's uncle had several patents dealing with caterpillar tracks. He did not have enough money to keep the patents active and never made anything out of it. I worked for an organisation which patented everything for a time but never made anything out of them so decided to publish instead to stop others patenting.

The way to benefit would appear to collaborate with a production company and sell lots before others get into the act.
And that's exactly my intention. My last patent was for a semi trailer security device which ended up being bought by a vehicle security device company, that they could put it in their basement where it would not conflict with there other multiple choice and over priced devices. I managed to break even, that's it! I'm not a rich man, but I'm quite comfortable, and at 71 I do not possess the will to make millions. For me this is more of a green issue and I'm quite prepared to take a back seat whilst others develop and profit.

I'm off now, but would like to say a big thank you for all your help. Before I post in a forum I imagine that I am at a physical meeting with said forum members. This simple preparation keeps a respect level in my mind, that I can remain calm and receptive to others views. Without this preparation I expect I'd be capable of over reacting to an honest post therefore making myself look a dickhead, and then people would think I acted in this manner in the real life. I won't be returning, but If everything goes tits up I'm pretty sure mister angry will be trolling me in order to report back here on my failure.

Peace & Love x

I applaud your effort to get back the last few % of power that current high-efficiency motors waste.

Bob

I applaud your effort to get back the last few % of power that current high-efficiency motors waste.

Bob
Hello Bob, just broke my promise not to return but also cannot be rude and not respond to your post. Yes I have saved more than a few percent on current, but that is solely due to the physical construction. Once again I reiterate that my engine bears no resemblance to a standard electric motor in action or appearance.

Keep the faith

Hello all,
Just an update. I ended up using a microswitch to activate the coil on Nomanoba, so a much more basic machine. But, towards the end of the build something about the rotor's action reminded me of an earlier failed device, and I thought "if only I cold combine the two". I asked my partner, who is crap at maths and physics, if she could see where I was coming from. Her answer sounded ridiculous, but I done the maths and it all added up. The original machine is now shelved and Nomanoba GM is being built. It's a generator, but like it's predecessor it's a nuts design, but as per usual I'll take the insults and derision with good heart.