Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Grow box led light power?

Hello

I'm planning on building a grow/display box for a bonsai tree, but I need some advice on how to power it all..

I already got this led strip, I would like to use:

3014 SMD 600 leds 5M
Lumens Flux: 1200-1440
Color Tempature: Cool White 6000k-6500k
Power: 60W/5M
Supplied with: DC 12V 6A adaptor

But I also need to find some leds for the top/ceiling on the box. So I found this light, that I think would fit nicely in the box:
18W 5050SMD LED Day White Magnetic Panel Ceiling Lamp 220-240V AC
Led_light.png

This is all the light I need (I hope)

The problem is I only want one power cable connected to the box and power the Led strip and the Ceiling Lamp , also the option to expand as I describe below:

In my search online for inspiration I've seen people use RPI and arduino to make stuff like soil humidity sensors etc.. I think it could be fun playing around with at a later time.. So I would love to have the ability to expand the setup with a RPI and arduino still powered from the main power cable..

I guess the DC 12V 6A adaptor supplied with the led strip wont work..

So what are my power options?

The ceiling lamp is powered from 220-240VAC but isn't the DC 12V 6A adaptor also powered from 220-240VAC? Then connect both of them to the same AC power cable.

Yes that sounds like a valid option, but how do I expand the setup with a RPI later?

I've seen people use PC power supply to power led strips, rpi etc.. So I'm looking into this option..

I have just removed the PSU from a Lenovo Thinkcenter M55

psu.png

Will this be enough to power my led strip, led celing PCB and later some raspberry and arduino fun?