Maker Pro
Maker Pro

GE lxw18jbcrw-2 fridge leaking water

I have a GE lxw18jbcrw-2 fridge that is leaking water and pools in the bottom of the fridge and onto the floor; it appears that a little funnel at the back of the fridge is overfilling. A lot of water also condenses on the top panel of the fridge under the freezer. It works well otherwise and I’ve tried setting the fridge and freezer at different temperatures, but that doesn’t help.

Welcome to the forum. I had a similar problem with a GE refrigerator a long time ago. The problem I had was a "gasket" around part of the freezer was leaking causing part of the drain to freeze up and partially block the drainage. Check it out.

You will tend to get water (condensate) forming on the evaporator within the fridge as warm air from opening and closing the door cools down to its dewpoint.

The little pipe at the back may be clogged. Clear it out with a cocktail stick or something. That will allow the condensate to pass out of the cold area. Often the condensate runs onto a dish on the top of the compressor where the heat causes it to evaporate.