Maker Pro
Maker Pro

function but turns on once the sleep button is pre

I have a vintage sony icf-7600 and it powers up only in sleep mode I.e. the power button does not function. Power comes on once sleep button is pressed and remains on for 30 minutes. Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

I'd be looking at cleaning or replacing the power-on contacts.
Do you have any troubleshooting and repair skills, or are you looking for some kind of outside-the-box
miracle cure?

I'd be looking at cleaning or replacing the power-on contacts.
Do you have any troubleshooting and repair skills, or are you looking for some kind of outside-the-box
miracle cure?
Thank you for your reply. I have fairly advanced troubleshooting skills but the issue is that the power button is proprietary and since the model is discontinued, its no longer available. I did try cleaning after removing the entire circuit board but the contacts of the power button are enclosed and not accessible. I also downloaded the service manual of ICF 7600G but could not find leads.

I did try cleaning after removing the entire circuit board

Perhaps you should have made that clear in your first message.
You asked for suggestions, nothing else.
@shrtrnd is not a mind reader, he doesn’t know what you have done. Only what information you give in your message.

You may get help if you post a picture of the switch/button, but as you are advanced in troubleshooting, you could probably find a similar switch/button yourself.
Sometimes adapting a different type of similar item is the only solution.
Or visiting swap meets and rummaging through the parts bins.

Martin

Thank you Martin for your reply. I have tried shorting the two tracks as given in the manual but the S226 contacts seems to have got oxidized and is no longer contacting. I've been trying to get a replacement switch but not successful. Equivalent replacement is not available locally and authorised Sony center also informed that such a part is not available as the model is discontinued. I shall keep searching till I get a replacement. Thank you for your time and efforts to respond.

Sudeep

S201 may be non-standard but S226 looks like a standard momentary tact switch, as found in various electronic gizmos (so perhaps rescuable from dead equipment)? Those switches come in various sizes, so if you find one with the right dimensions it should do the job.