Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Forcing a bluetooth reciever to reconnect at power up.

First time posting, I hope I've posted this in the correct section.

I just purchased a bluetooth reciever so I can wirelessly stream music from my phone to my car's aux input. The device gets power from a USB plug (pictured)

My issue is this: eventhough the Physical On/Off switch (indicated in photo) is set to ON, when I get out of the car and get back in (say the next morning). I have to basically reset the device by switching it OFF then ON again. Which defeats the entire purpose of getting this.

So I figured if I can bypass the physical ON/OFF switch by connecting the leads to a chip which when it detects/gets power (coming from the USB connector) it'll automatically cycle the ON/OFF, to OFF then ON causing the bluetooth to connect to my phone.

What kind of chip would I use or ask for?
On the USB which are the power leads and which are the data leads?

Keep in mind I haven't taken electronics since the early days of high school. Around 20 years ago. So please, if you have any suggestions or advice can you keep it as simple as possible.
Thanks.

Attachments

• bluetooth2.jpg
    bluetooth2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
and the USB is plugged into the car cigarette lighter?..

is power constantly on to the USB regulator? (from the car's battery with ignition off?) does the USB power unit automatically power down after so many unused ours? is it designed to do that?..

and the USB is plugged into the car cigarette lighter?..

is power constantly on to the USB regulator? (from the car's battery with ignition off?) does the USB power unit automatically power down after so many unused ours? is it designed to do that?..

yes the USB is plugged into the car's cigarette lighter. Once the ignition is turned off the power is cut to the cigarette lighter (hence power is cut to the bluetooth receiver).

So what I need is a chip to connect to the ON/OFF switch and once it detetcs 5V from the USB it sets the switch to ON (automatically) forcing the bluetooth receiver to connect to my phone.

Do you know what I mean?

Last edited:
So I've been doing a bit of research on this. Can I use an MOSFET transistor as the switch for my circuit?!

Last edited: