Maker Pro
Maker Pro

floodlight HELP

Hi ,
I have been given the task to install a floodlight into a property (which is fine ) although the customer has informed me he wanted the floodlight with a blue flashing beacon wired to it so when the floodlight comes on the beacon comes on too , he said that this blue light would deter burglars. does anyone have any ideas on wiring this up ?
Thanks guys.

Hi ,
I have been given the task to install a floodlight into a property (which is fine ) although the customer has informed me he wanted the floodlight with a blue flashing beacon wired to it so when the floodlight comes on the beacon comes on too , he said that this blue light would deter burglars. does anyone have any ideas on wiring this up ?
Thanks guys.
What does he want to use as a beacon?
The motion sensor will close the circuit allowing the flood light to turn on, you could simply wire the blue light in parallel with the flood light as long as:
-The voltage for both lights is the same.
-The combined power/current rating for both lights is below the maximum available for the switch in the motion sensor.

More details on the lights you plan to use would help as well if they are available.

hi ,
Thanks for your reply i will be using a 400w 220v-240v floodlight pir floodlight . And the beacon will be a 12v beacon . i was planning on using a transformer to make the beacon 230v.

I don't know how it is over there, but in the States, blue beacons signify airport facilities. You might want to check into that before you do this.
Flashing alarms here are usually red or amber to signify alarm trip.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Does the 12 V beacon require 12 V DC or 12 V AC? Do you have a model number for the beacon? Does it have a motor-driven reflector that rotates around an incandescent lamp?

Well, regardless of the light you use, you can still connect the 220V side of it in parallel to your flood light.
Take special care to determine if your lower voltage light needs AC or DC, as that will dictate if you can use a simple transformer or AC-DC converter.

Good point mentioned above with light color... I was not aware of any issues in color on your property, but I've never specifically looked for it ;)

If you have issues finding a suitable method of powering that light from the 220V, let us know and we can help explore other options.

can you buy anything that has the floodlight and beacon built in or something like this maybe the floodlight with an alarm , any ideas ?
thank you for your help.

Usually the floodlight coming on is enough of a deterent.
Thieves in my area don't even flinch... they are too common unless something makes them unique... ie, brightness, behavior, color, etc.
Many of them welcome the additional light to break into my car/shed... :S