Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dsc1616 with pk5500

Hello anyone.
I am a HVAC technician who has an alarm system setup by a former employee who designed a anti/theft system using a dsc1616 board. We have several pressure switches daisy chained thru the dsc1616. We’ve used this system for years as several locations. Well the guy that installed them and designed them normally took care of any service related issues with the alarm panel. I keep getting emails from the customer at different locations this message:At 19:47 on 02/18/2020 transmitter ID “ “ reported an abnormal test. This signal indicates a state on your panel that requires maintenance. Following the instructions he left with our company doesn’t seem to be resolving the issue. We have no codes in the history and every time we hook up the pk5500 it shows no troubles. Any help would be appreciated

Sorry I didn't see this thread till today. I've been on the road and haven't checked in for a couple of days.

@Havens1944, manufacturers of professional-grade alarm panels usually will deal only with professional alarm dealers, who are their actual customers (as opposed to the end users). They really aren't set up to try to talk novice DIYers through troubleshooting. To open an account with DSC, Garwa would have to show he's a professional dealer, i.e., someone who buys DSC products on a regular basis, and whose technicians are familiar with how alarm systems work and know the jargon, etc.

@Garwa13 : This site,
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices-87/
is for DIYers and is supported by alarm professionals who volunteer their time & expertise. You may have to wait a little for someone to chime in. So far, I don't have a clear idea of exactly what's going on with your system.

" I keep getting emails from the customer at different locations this message:At 19:47 on 02/18/2020 transmitter ID “ “ reported an abnormal test."
This sounds like a person is giving you second-hand info on what the system is doing. I would have to guess what "reported an abnormal test" might mean, and I'm pretty sure "transmitter ID " " " has an actual number associated with it. Knowing the actual number would probably be helpful in figuring out what you're talking about. If there's a zone number associated with the trouble(s), that would definitely be helpful.

I don't know what you mean by "pressure switches". Those could be plunger-type switches on doors/windows, or pressure mats under valuables, or switches monitoring water pressure, or something else. What are these "pressure switches" applied to?

When you say "We’ve used this system for years as [sic] several locations," I assume you mean several systems of the same make and model and configuration, in different buildings/premises. As opposed to different locations (e.e., front door, showroom windows, etc.) in the same premises.

If you can be a little more specific, you can post back here; or you can post on the site I referenced above. The other site has more techs available who are more familiar with the DSC equipment than I am. It's been over 10 years since I worked with DSC on a daily basis. In either case, please try to be a little more specific about the symptoms.