Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Double Posts Every Time

Greetings,

I've noticed over the last few days that every time I post a reply, it takes me to the page saying you need to wait 30 seconds to post again, but it gets posted so its as if its trying to double post. I've only really been active in 1 topic so cant say if its widespread. Browser is firefox 24.0

Same problem here. I just ignore the message and hit "Get New Posts" to see if it posted or to edit.

Been that way since I joined. Windows 7/Google Chrome

John

Ian

Administrator
Thanks for the heads up on this one - I've had a look at the error logs but can't see anything that would cause it, so I've upped the logging level to see if I can catch any unusual errors causing this.

Are you using FireFox too John?

I get the same problem frequently, but not always. I'm using Android on a smart phone. The frequency of the problem occuring increases as my log in ages so it may relate to that or to others posting to the same thread after the snapshot I'm looking at is made. (Page age and precedence problem?)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
This must be a server side problem I guess if so many people are having this.

If you could let me know the time that you notice this error (ideally in GMT or with your own timezone mentioned) and I'll look up what happens in the log at around that time. :)

Ian

Administrator
I think I've found what is causing the problem, as the logs detected some "depreciated" PHP errors since I enabled the more detailed checks. This caused the post to be re-tried for some reason (and only in some cases), so I'm hunting for the code now.

I've disabled a plugin that appears to contain this code, however it will take some time to know if this has solved the problem. If you notice a double post error after reading this post then please do let me know.

Ian

Administrator
I've just checked the log dumps and there haven't been any of these errors again today, so it looks like this could be the cause.

All I need to do is figure out a way to add the plugin back with some updated code. :)

Please do let me know if double posts happen again, as that will mean I need to continue looking,

I'm having this same issue.

What I noticed was that it would happen once after not being on the site for a while. I don't know an exact length of time, but I would say it ranged from 1 hour to several hours. Then anytime within that same session of being on the site the problem would not re-occur. The double post would not occur every time after a lengthy absence, just most of the time.

It has done this to me today, IIRC about 4 hours or so previous to this post I am making now (estimated time), I did not see this topic until a moment ago.

I am using Win 7 64 bit, Chrome.

davenn

I'm having this same issue.

What I noticed was that it would happen once after not being on the site for a while. I don't know an exact length of time, but I would say it ranged from 1 hour to several hours. Then anytime within that same session of being on the site the problem would not re-occur. The double post would not occur every time after a lengthy absence, just most of the time.

It has done this to me today, IIRC about 4 hours or so previous to this post I am making now (estimated time), I did not see this topic until a moment ago.

I am using Win 7 64 bit, Chrome.

your previous post was in your resistor storage thread
there isn't any double post from you in there

Dave

Ian

Administrator
I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if the problem continues - it could be that if a double post is attempted then it is blocked from happening (with the exception of mods/admins, who I think are able to make double posts without the software trying to warn about it).

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Double post (If I try that again, I get "This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes."

So, no, even we mods are not immune to this.

Ian

Administrator
Thanks for confirming Steve :).

Have you noticed any random double posts happening when you click reply a single time?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Thanks for confirming Steve :).

Have you noticed any random double posts happening when you click reply a single time?

I can't remember the last time I have.

I use Firefox and IE on a windows phone.

Using Chrome, Windows 7,
Had to double-post. It's not a big problem, because I've been working with it for a
while now.
I 'Control C' to copy my post, then have to log out, log back in and 'Control V' to
enter the post before my time expires again.
Just letting you know, it's still happening.