Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Conductive Paste

Hi,

I have never really worked with pastes before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on good conductive pastes. I am looking to go to high frequencies and I will be making a mask to lay it down so it will need to be able to be screen pressed. ANY advise would help me a lot.

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Solder paste?

It's not conductive as a paste, but when you heat it to the melting point of solder it becomes metallic.

Gee -- screen printing PCB's. That would be cool!

The other option is some sort of silver containing "ink" there are several available.

Solder paste?

It's not conductive as a paste, but when you heat it to the melting point of solder it becomes metallic.

Gee -- screen printing PCB's. That would be cool!

The other option is some sort of silver containing "ink" there are several available.
Steve, I've seen a number of these types of projects coming up in kickstarters and hackaday projects.
They do have a conductive ink allowing you to print your PCB out of an inkjet printer... bit the ink's resistance is too high to do most projects with

http://makezine.com/2014/03/27/quickly-prototypes-circuits-with-new-inkjet-printable-conductive-ink/

Hi,

I have never really worked with pastes before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on good conductive pastes. I am looking to go to high frequencies and I will be making a mask to lay it down so it will need to be able to be screen pressed. ANY advise would help me a lot.

Thanks

I ended up buying Pelco Colloidal Silver paste from Ted Pella it seems to work pretty well. It is a little more viscous than I would have wanted but the resistivity is pretty low and it can also act as a minor adhesive which will come in helpful for my project.