Maker Pro
Maker Pro

buying a THD meter

Does anyone have any suggestions for a meter that can test power THD?
The purpose it to test THD on LED drivers.

I see Fluke 43's at $3500. Was hoping for something closer to $1000.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Are you referring to measuring the affect on the mains waveform by the non-resistive load characteristics of (in this case) a LED driver?

Just curious, because all my THD measurements have been on signals rather than power. (This told me a lot).

This seems to be near your price point (and this is even cheaper).

Are you referring to measuring the affect on the mains waveform by the non-resistive load characteristics of (in this case) a LED driver?

Just curious, because all my THD measurements have been on signals rather than power. (This told me a lot).

This seems to be near your price point (and this is even cheaper).

That Schnedir is discontinued, unfortunately.
I should have mentioned we need to test 120v, (277v would be nice, though not essential)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
There is a link on that page to the replacement model which is priced identically and operates from 110VAC to 415VAC

You should be able to make this measurement using a current transformer and a personal computer.

Feed the signal into a sound input. Get yourself some audio measurement software and you are in business. Some of this software will provide a nice waveform display on the screen, separate values for each harmonic, etc, as well as the THD.

You could also use a traditional audio harmonic distortion analyzer with the current transformer.

Ted