Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Buying a Digital Oscilloscope.

I am replacing one of my old CRT Oscilloscopes with a Digital version. I am looking for recommendations - under £250 hopefully. Does anyone have experience of the FNIRSI range of oscilloscopes - they are reasonably priced but what is the quality like?

Hi Bertus. I need a 'scope for general monitoring of electronic circuits, setting up RF transmitters, fault-finding digital and analogue circuits, test and repairs to audio equipment, etc.
Portability is a useful feature too. I have looked at Telequipment, Tektronics, and used most makes in the past but now just need something for occasional hobby use.
Thank you for the links to the reviews - these are most useful, except that the ones I have been able to find prices for are aimed at 'professionals', not hobbyists!
I am looking at the currently available brands, e.g. Hantek, Rigol, Siglent, Owon, & Hanmatek, but I have no experience of using these products. I am looking to spend up to £200.00 so some of these will not be applicable, but if you or anyone is able to offer me their thoughts or experience and offer recommendations for the most suitable oscilloscopes I would be very grateful. As I mentioned - I am looking for anyone's experience of the FNIRSI range of oscilloscopes - they appear to be good value for money but are they really?

Thanks,
Steve. G8DMS

Bertus,
Thank you for this post. The Tektronix one is a very useful refresher course for me! The 'allaboutcircuits' website has lots of interesting information but I didn't find answers to my specific query, however, I may use it for other assistance. The 'eevblog' site is indeed an extensive data source for 'scopes. However, it is 6 years old and things have moved on since then, and looking at the guide prices they are aimed at the pro user, not a poor Ham!
Anyhow, many thanks again for the research and I'm sure to refer back to some of the sites you recommended.
Steve G8DMS

bertus

Hello,

You may have seen this on the eevbolg page I posted:
Updated on 01 January, 2021
It is almost a year old, but not 6 years.
As for you budget, the table at that page shows scopes upto 50 MHz.

Bertus