Maker Pro
Maker Pro

BOSCH reputable car battery manufacturer? then where are datasheets?

I got the CCA meter and the my BOSCH S4 630A EN measured 421CCA EN.
The battery is 2 years old. In use in a car 1 year, the other year it was hooked to CTEK MXS5 every 2 or 3 moths for charging.

So is the 630A a BOSCH marketing hype or 421A means 66% of juice left?

P.S. I still have not got the AH meter so not measured the capacity. The battery was recharged then discharged/recharged. Reading stayed the same no change whatsoever.

Measuring high a high current is a very difficult thing to do and it depends on the temperature of the day and the equipment.
No two CARBON CORES (Carbon Piles) are the same.
The fact that it will start your car say 10 times in a row is sufficient to say the battery is ok.

The measurement equipment was digital not a Carbon Pile. The results are repeatable.
The equipment even measures voltage as accurate as Agilent U1252B DMM. So the battery must be at fault here.

I even measured some friends battery and it was only 45CCA less than sticker on it said after 3years.

Most of the testers I used 90 years ago were carbon piles.
And we screwed them down to 8v. 450 amps at 8v = 3.6kW Unless you cook with 3.6kW you are wasting your time.

What is a transistor?

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Most of the testers I used 90 years ago were carbon piles.
And we screwed them down to 8v. 450 amps at 8v = 3.6kW Unless you cook with 3.6kW you are wasting your time.

What is a transistor?
Yeah, I hear you. And I remember carbon piles from the 1950s. Transistors are just smaller, more expensive, versions that don't tolerate heat as well. I think they are making transistors out of carbon nowadays... diamonds IIRC.