Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bench power supply to PCB connector

I have a bench power supply and I was wondering how I can connect it to a PCB board with a right angle male 4-pin connector?

Last edited:
Your question is missing so much information that it is difficult to know where to begin. The answer you deserve is : Simple; use wires.

Beyond that, let's start with the basics:

What power supply?

What pc board?

What voltage?

What current?

Physical limitations - height, depth, cost, shielding, mechanical stress, etc?

ak

My bad about that, the power supply in question can provide 30VDC of voltage and up to 3A of DC current, and I don't have details for the pcb since its a theoretical question and we assume there aren't any physical limitations

OK, that limits your choices to only 0.314 jillion options. What cable technologies do you have? Crimp pins pushed into a body? Insulation displacement? Solder cup?

Also, some very common connectors have a surprisingly short lifetime in terms of insertion/extraction cycles. What kind of workout will the connections experience?

To start, look into TE (Tyco, AMP, whatever) MTA and MTE series (0.156" spacing), and the Molex Mini-Fit series.

ak

What are the 4 wires?
If there are no limitations or restrictions, how would you like to connect them?
How do you envisage the finished product?
Will it be easy to connect and disconnect?

Martin