Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi hope you can help.

I need a little help on using ‘Electronics Point’ I joined sometime 2013, but never got on very well with things owing to the fact I could not find my way round. The site seemed to be over wellming, and there never seems to be a heading that I need to click on What I should like, if possible is a flow chart to write a question (or thread). I have managed on a few occasion to ask a question, and had prompt and good helpful answers. So often the program rejects my pass word, and in the end locks me out. I have looked around to click on HELP file (F1)

.(ie Would you like to upload an Avatar, But where or how do I say YES!)

GeoffC

This site is relatively minimalistic compared with other forum sites. My suggestion is that you pratise getting around the site, you will learn how to access everything eventually. Try clicking on the areas that you do not know about. Some basic information:

In the top right hand corner will be your username, hover over this and you will see a dropdown, near the top of this dropdown you will see "Your Profile Page" Click on this. To change your avatar click on the large icon to the left and use a suitable file from your computer.

Near the top left hand of the page is a tab named "Forums" click on this, you will see several categories depending on the type of question, click on the appropriate one. there is an orange box saying "Post new thread" around the left of the page. Create your question.

I hope this helps you, if you have any specific questions I am willing to help further,

Reactions: Ian
This site is relatively minimalistic compared with other forum sites. My suggestion is that you pratise getting around the site, you will learn how to access everything eventually. Try clicking on the areas that you do not know about. Some basic information:

In the top right hand corner will be your username, hover over this and you will see a dropdown, near the top of this dropdown you will see "Your Profile Page" Click on this. To change your avatar click on the large icon to the left and use a suitable file from your computer.

Near the top left hand of the page is a tab named "Forums" click on this, you will see several categories depending on the type of question, click on the appropriate one. there is an orange box saying "Post new thread" around the left of the page. Create your question.

I hope this helps you, if you have any specific questions I am willing to help further,

Re: Relatively Minimalistic

Thank you for your reply, I’m sure the forum is minimalistic, it is just me. I generally have a problem in getting started on most things, but once I get the drop on things then I should be alright. I will try to get an avata sometime soon. I do have a small thread to send a little later on. – Thank you very much for your time.

Regards, Geoff. – (GeoffC).

Thank you for your reply, I have only just found it as I was not been around much in the last few days. I must say it is very explicit. I have no excuse now. Once again thank you very much. Regards, Geoff. – (GeoffC).
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words ;)
That covers the initial basics of it.
Other than that, I'm sure you already understand the 'Alerts' button in the top right.
I should also mention that if you post in the wrong section, do not panic and create a duplicate post somewhere else, it can easily be moved by the site's moderators.

So as far as the manu for your username is concerned. Take a look and play around. You can't break anything.