Maker Pro
Maker Pro

5.6V power adapter issue

Hi Friends
Recently I got imported Altec Lansing M402 Clock radio from Australia and seems ok but when I increase the volume it gets cracking noise and LCD backlight gets dim when high bass sound. so I replaced the power adaptor with 5.0 v and now all issue was gone. is there any chance to repair the faulty power supply? I think the out current - amperage is low, it says 2000ma but I think it is not giving 2A. so the power adaptor which I replaced also 2 A

, is there any way to fix that issue?

Harald Kapp

Start by measuring the output voltage of the old adapter at full load (2 A).
If it is below the nominal 5.6V, open the old adapter and start with a visual inspection. The electrolytic capacitors may be leaking and have lost capacity, a common defect. Post some crisp images so others here can have a look at suspect parts, too.

Start by measuring the output voltage of the old adapter at full load (2 A).
If it is below the nominal 5.6V, open the old adapter and start with a visual inspection. The electrolytic capacitors may be leaking and have lost capacity, a common defect. Post some crisp images so others here can have a look at suspect parts, too.

Hi

I open the unit and noticed 2 1000uf /10v cap were out of shape. then replaced them. now all ok. thank you