Maker Pro
Maker Pro

2 stroke motor and CB radio help needed

Hi,

I stuck a 2 stroke motor on my bycicle, and it can do an output of .7A and 7.5V. It says that if i stick somthing on it that requires more than that, motor will break. not sure how true that is, but my point is this here.

I have a CB radio (fairly old and simple) for a car. therefore, 12V. Don't know the amperage. I was wondering, how hard would it be to install the cb radio on my motor? I could build a (somewhat) simple circuit, i ahve that expirience. my idea was to put a battery in the middle, and charge it via the motor, while running the radio off of it, that way i can use the radio when the motor is off.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: my bad, the radio does say on it, that it takes 13.8V DC. Right now i'm succesffuly running it off of a power adapter (110V AC to 12V DC, duh).

Last edited:
Oh, well, you'd need a voltage doubler circuit then.
But the 2-stroke output, is it AC (for lights) or DC?
If it's an ordinary simple AC lighting output then it's basically a constant current source.
It thereby has the potential to rise to the needed 14V to charge the battery, only the engine has to turn twice as fast as usual to achieve this double voltage.
But it sounds horribly inefficent to use such a motor in that way though. Only the smallest amount of the weight and gas will go towards producing electricity.