Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12V DC convert for 9V DC

Hello All,
I have a hot air balloon chase vehicle RV. I am planning to use a baby monitor to provide listening intercom from the salon in my RV to my driver position. I have the portable battery receiver unit to mount next to the driver. This portable piece is driven by a 9Vbattery. I plan on hard mounting the transmitter over the sofa in order to hear conversations behind my driver position. I will be able to participate in the conversations by being able to understand more clearly any questions,.
My dilemma is that the transmitter has no 9V battery compartment but uses a 12v plug in power supply, I want to hard wire to my 12 volt RV system. What components will I need to solder in line to reduce the voltage to 9VDC.

Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Buoyantly
Professor Bob

LM7809T and wire.
(edited to add ...)
Oops, couldn't find a source for one of those. LM7808T will get you to 8 V. Available from Jameco Electronics for about $0.35.
Another possibility is an LM317T and a couple of resistors, If I supplied a schematic could you build it?

Attachments

• Design 734 12 V to 9 V.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
:confused: So why do you need a 9V supply?
My thought exactly, and even if it wants 9V it will probably work well on 12V.

By the way, you should be aware that you're "bugging" your own vehicle, making the conversation inside available to anyone nearby with a modicum of technical knowledge.

LM7809T and wire.
(edited to add ...)
Oops, couldn't find a source for one of those. LM7808T will get you to 8 V. Available from Jameco Electronics for about $0.35.
Another possibility is an LM317T and a couple of resistors, If I supplied a schematic could you build it?
Thanks for your help.
:confused: So why do you need a 9V supply?[/QUOTE
I just want to hard wire to the RV 12volt system without blowing out the 9volt transmitter. It only had a 9volt power supply. So I though with the right diodes and resistors I could solder up 9volt leads and use the coach battery. Thanks for all this immediate interest and help.