Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12 Volt Proximity Kill Switch

I have a stand-up paddleboard to which I have attached a 12 volt trolling motor. I'm in need of a kill switch that is proximity activated so when I leave a determined radius, power is discontinued. I would like to attach the wireless trigger to my life vest.

Yeah the simple option would be rope and a hall effect sensor, the alternative is some kind of very short range radio transmitter/ receiver

and the second the signal is lost, the motor cuts out, I've never purposely attenuated a signal to do this kind of job though

As I said, I very much doubt any radio system will operate successfully under those conditions, let alone being able to select any range, so not an alternative.

As I said, I very much doubt any radio system will operate successfully under those conditions, let alone being able to select any range, so not an alternative.

Thanks for your reply,

I am trying to avoid using a leash for safety reasons but if the technology isn't there for a reliable wireless option, I guess that will be my only choice.

Yes, not at USS Enterprise levels quite yet....... Flash Gordon maybe, but Enterprise, sadly not.
Physics can be a real bummer....at least this side of our black hole. :)