Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Your Problem Solving Method

I am working on circuit that I have built successfully on a breadboard (it's the one in the thread "A Stretch" that you all helped me with.

https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/a-stretch.293212/page-10#post-1801439

I have put it on a PCB but it's not working. However, my question is not about how to build the circuit. I have had all those questions answered.

When I plugged in the 9 Volt battery, i immediately noticed that the circuit did not work. as i started looking closely at it,. I noticed that the battery hot gotten very hot. I guess that indicates a short somewhere?

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to problem solve this? What method would you use?

Thank-you

The usual method is to double check everything before applying power.

Yes, sounds like a short.
Always use your multimeter to check continuity where wanted and a short where continuity is not wanted!.

Martin

When the power supply pins on an IC are connected with backwards polarity then the battery is shorted by the IC.
When cheap Chinese fake or defective ICs are powered then they might short the battery.

Many "pedal" circuits use the input or output jack as a power supply switch that could short the battery if the wiring is wrong.