Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless power transfer

So this ia a pretty cool concept. I realise its not brand new but short of a tesla coil i haven't seen it in the world much. (Unless you count wireless headphones. I dont)

Im thinking of a design. I want to charge a cell phone wirelessly. I dont want to do it tesla style though haha.

Anyone mess around with WPT before?

Yeah that wouldnt be too attractive to the people huh haha.
Well i guess im going to do some research and look at some schematics if i can find some.

The transmitting coil and the receiving coils must be touching each other or almost touching.
Wireless headphones transmit infrared or radio signals not power and get the power for their receiver from a battery.

The transmitting coil and the receiving coils must be touching each other or almost touching.
Wireless headphones transmit infrared or radio signals not power and get the power for their receiver from a battey

Well thats unfortunate. But not completely discouraging. And yes i was thinking of radio signals as power. A tiny amount of power

A radio picks up a tiny amount of the massive transmitted power. But the radio still needs a battery or power supply to operate its circuit.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Crystal radios (and their modern equivalent, the RFID tag) are not exactly new tech.

The problem is what you can do with a small amount of power, or conversely, how you can get an appreciable amount of power wirelessly.