Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless audio link

There must be something already out there, which I don't know about, which I could use or adapt.

Problem: Deaf person wants to feel the beat of the music she's dancing to.
So I'm looking for a device I can put near the source with mike and transmitter, to send audio to a small device on her wrist - watch sized preferably, to vibrate on the beat. Maybe using a speaker without its cone.(Or maybe a rotating weight vibrating deviceas in a phone).

Like a TV sound relay - but I've only seen wired ones of those, or bluetooth. It MAY be possible to plug something in to the music player, but I don't know, and that may shut off speakers. So a microphone would be most general purpose for her.

(I realise I could program a phone to strap on her wrist, but the mike would pick up all sorts of low frequencies, and it's too big really).
Ideas?

Many years ago I had briefly a thing called a bonefone. It was a couple of speakers that draped like a scarf across/around your neck and the speakers fell to just in front of your shoulders, where they would couple sound into your chest and head by bone conduction.
Not meaing that a scarf is your best answer, might have issue depending on the dance style, but the bone-conduction thing works well for bass. Maybe consider it as a mechanism. You could see if there is any material left round on how they diid it. As Harald Kapp says, bass.
Depending on how big the place is, you seem to be describing a bluetooth wireless speaker with the bass turned up. Many development kits for bluetooth. Particularly, as you are after the beat, maybe pick-up is not so much of a problem.

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

One more idea: Sorry, that link leads to a website in German, but information in ENglish should be readily available (Google gives me results in German only as it "knows" my location :()