Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What is the customary process?

Mr. Moderator,

I am new to Electronics Point and am unfamiliar to the process of buying and selling items here. I could find no ground rules. Do buyer and seller work out details in the forum thread, "private messages", offline personal emails or telepathy? I don't want to be rude.

Thanks.
Bolo

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I've moved this from the for sale/trade area so we can discuss this.

There is little tradition because the for sale/trade area is relatively recent.

I guess the intention was that this area was for members who've been around a while and that they would send contact information via PM.

Unfortunately you need to have 15 posts (I think) before you can use the PM system.

What we'd like to see is you becoming a regular active member and using this area as an added benefit, rather than coming here to flog stuff.

In the absence of 15 posts, you could set up your skype details, or ther IM stuff and be contactable that way, or you could (I am reluctant to suggest this) put your email address into the message. You'd have to obfuscate it because regular email addresses end up like this [email protected]. You could perhaps enter it as test(at)example(dot)com.

I generally prefer email addresses are not posted, but for this we'd have to make an exception.