Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What did we do before LEDs

Local Xmas lights in a nearby suburb.
Seems it is an addictive and VERY competitive passtime at this time of year.
Not just the one house but many the same/similar.
I'm curious where they get these things as many times I've seen one or two example at local hardware but never as many as this.
Great for the kids, even had an ice cream van and a "no-drive" time enforced, pedestrian only.

Attachments

• IMG_9253.jpg
    IMG_9253.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 23

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
What did we do before LEDs? The same, only at a lower colour temperature and with a lot more power.

What (*steve*) said. I live in the Wash. DC 'burbs and in the early '70's my wife and I used to go see a house that did this every year, one of the first that started the tradition. Back then, it was simply outlining the entire house in red (incandescent) lights, but they added something each year. Last time I visited it seemed they had one of every possible Christmas scene on the house and grounds.

Come to think of it, I haven't visited in the last few years, since I've moved into the outer-outer-'burbs. Hope they or their kids have kept up the tradition.

I still don't have any LED Christmas lights... keep meaning to get some after Christmas some year once they are discounted, but then I tell myself that the snow and ice here wouldn't melt off if they were LED, while they *need* to serve as my path lights because I unplug my landscape lighting to use that circuit to power them.

Then again I did convert my landscape lighting to LED (simple bulb swaps) so there's probably enough margin on the circuit to power both.