Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Reference Wireless World magazines

Hi :)
What I would really like is to be able to consult old issues of Wireless World, without the impossible task of finding and collating a collection of my own. Surely there must be some library somewhere with the collection I need!
If anybody knows of any way I can re-read old articles (The one I recently most wanted was from 1984) could you please leave a link.
Thanks!
Mark

Wireless World Magazine - Back issues

Old copies of Wireless World Magazine are available from wirelessworldbackissues.co.uk

Due to be updated with 500 more old copies this week and oodles of extra information the week after!

Can we consult the back issues online, or again - do you have a library service please? The particular issue I wanted to consult was March 1984, and the article was about a voltage multiplier by Purves and one other.

Wireless World Back Issues

Can we consult the back issues online, or again - do you have a library service please? The particular issue I wanted to consult was March 1984, and the article was about a voltage multiplier by Purves and one other.

3 options...

you can buy here:
http://www.wirelessworldbackissues.co.uk/library/1980s/84/prodwwb_detail.php?prodwwb_pkid=584 £12.49

or order a photocopy by emailing the contact address £5 admin charge

or order a pdf by emailing the contact address £5 admin charge

There are not yet library facilities but once enough folk order different pdfs they will be published in a member's area.

Hope this helps.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I just found that I have a selection of wireless world (I think) and practical electronics from the UK dating from the 70's to the 90's

There are some interesting articles in there, especially a few on heatsink usage that caught my eye.

I'm probably not going to keep them and it would be a waste to chuck them in the bin.

I just found that I have a selection of wireless world (I think) and practical electronics from the UK dating from the 70's to the 90's

There are some interesting articles in there, especially a few on heatsink usage that caught my eye.

I'm probably not going to keep them and it would be a waste to chuck them in the bin.
*steve*

If they are in good condition contact [email protected] and we might take them off your hands. Especially if you are local.

Matt

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
(The one I recently most wanted was from 1984)

I'm currently moving stuff out of "storage" in my darkroom to turn it into an office for my wife. I've temporarily boxed up all the magazines I've found (and there were even more than I thought).

I will try to catalogue all the issues I have and post them here so you can ask me to get you any information you require from issues I have.

It may take a few weeks until it reaches nearer the top of my wife's list of priorities though :D

! You're a joker! There is no profit in Wireless World Magazine back copies... It's the other way around. Huge amounts of work for a tiny market. The prices reflect the actual cost of the website, photography and storage, not to mention buying and archiving well over a 1,000 magazines. Having said that we are considering reducing prices until the indexing project is finished and perhaps permanently. The pricing algorithm was set by a former WW employee who might have been a touch enthusiastic.

You will note articles are available cheaply, as are working copies in good or poor condition, generally between £5 and £10.

Some 500+ man hours of labour plus costs went into it!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Do you have the blessing of Wireless World magazine to make use of their copyright material? I am thinking specifically of making scanned or protocopied copies available.

Wooh!
What I wanted from the WW mags (June 1984?) was an alternative to the Cockroft-Walton pump. This alternative, better ladder was designed partly by someone Purves or Purvis. I had wanted to bring the "Purves Pump" to the attention of some op, or so I seem to recall.

Wooh!
What I wanted from the WW mags (June 1984?) was an alternative to the Cockroft-Walton pump. This alternative, better ladder was designed partly by someone Purves or Purvis. I had wanted to bring the "Purves Pump" to the attention of some op, or so I seem to recall.
You probably don't still want this, but just for grins I checked my collection of WW. The article you asked about is in the March 1984 issue, titled "The parallel-fed voltage multiplier", by R.D. Purves and C. Prescott. It was to be used in a muscle stimulator.