Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wacom Cintiq 21 UX cord repair

I have a Wacom Cintiq 21 UX purchased around 2009 and have been having problems with the display - one portion of the cord where it separates into 3 different extensions (see attached) is showing some exposure and initially, depending on it's postion, i could get the display to work. then the color was compromised. Now i don't get anything but a dark screen (power on) no matter how i position the cord. Wacom refuses to attempt any repair as they said it is out of warranty and it is impossible to fix it, then made the hard sell for a new tablet. Thanks sales guy. I don't want to chuck my 21 - Anyone have any thoughts or a lead to someone who might be able to take a look at it?
thanks,
Greg

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 184

davenn

Wacom refuses to attempt any repair as they said it is out of warranty and it is impossible to fix it, then made the hard sell for a new tablet

not surprising

can they not supply just a replacement cord ?? did you ask ?

Anyone have any thoughts or a lead to someone who might be able to take a look at it?

it would be a little difficult to repair
that plastic molding would have to be gently sliced away a little at a time to reveal how the cables connect inside it

thanks for the reply...they (wacom) just kind of stopped the conversation about repair - i expressed my desire to find some solution to salvage it and they just pointed me toward a new purchase. I was hoping i might find someone who might have some expertise in regards to the cable itself..:(

davenn

I was hoping i might find someone who might have some expertise in regards to the cable itself..:(

find a local techie guy in your local area a mate, mate's mate etc LOL
show them and see if they are willing to slice away the plastic and make a repair

That's about your only real repair choice

Dave