Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vista 20P Quick Arm not working anymore

I 'm a newbie to alarms, but I wanted to install my own system in my garage so I picked up a Vista 20P with a 6160 keyboard and Wave2 siren. I set it up on my workbench to get the hang of it. The first config, just to get used to the programming, was a simple setup: zone 1 with two NC switches and zone 2 with a DT7450 motion detector. That worked great and is what I plan to use in my garage. Enter the wife – can we use this to protect the house also? Since I had a 4 conductor wire running to the house, I decided to plan for setting up the control panel in the house and using the 4 wire line to the garage for a keypad and zone expander board. I picked up a 4229 expander board and supplemental power supply and wired it in on the bench and transferred the switches and motion sensor (changing to a 1K EOLR) over to the 4229. I addressed the expander board and am using zone 9 for the switches and 10 for the motion detector. The grounds are common and I used the second power supply for the 4229, motion detector and eventually a second high power siren. It works great, but no I cannot do the "quick arm" like I could when everything was off of the zones in the control panel. I tried powering down, setting and resetting the quick arm data field *21. I can only arm the system by entering the code and selecting the type of monitoring. Thanks in advance for any help on this.