Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Video or VR glasses to use with an external camera

Hello. I am looking for a video glasses or VR glasses and want to use them to connect to an external camera. The camera will be mounted on a stick simmilar to a selfie stick and I will be moving the camera arround and watching the video through the glasses. Few requirements:

1. No wireless is required. Since I will be holding the camera, I do not need long distance, therefore I will need smaller and cheaper glasses because they do not need wireless interface in them.

2. Glasses should have AV ir HDMI input. I do not know which one is better. I am planning to use an FPV camera such as: https://www.foxeer.com/foxeer-t-rex-mini-1500tvl-6ms-low-latency-super-wdr-fpv-camera-g-314 . These cameras have an AV output therefore I would be able to connect it to glasses if they have AV in. However, some glasses do not have AV input, only HDMI, therefore I am also considering an option for hdmi camera if I can find one decent size. Can someone clarify me which one is better ? Use hdmi or AV interface? I could also use AV even for the glasses that have HDMI, but I would need to use an AV to HDMI adapter, is that solution acceptable? Would the quality of the video not reduce?

3. Glasses must have a very good resolution screen so the person wearing the glasses can experience very nice quality video. Price does not matter. Quality is top priority here.

Few options I have found :
https://www.amazon.com/Cinemizer-1909-127-Multimedia-Video-Glasses/dp/B0091OI530

I am also considering a bigger VR glasses as long as they have high qualtiy video :
such as HTC vive or Oculus Rift or any other alternative!

Please advice me regarding the hardware and AV vs hdmi. Any advice/help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Thats weird. Cuase they have hdmi output:
upload_2021-2-23_13-4-38.png

I have also previously inquired fatshark and they recommended me those glasses and said they work both on AV and HDMI in

Yes, I see your concern.
The headset has HDMI and the features say AV.
You should contact them to clarify.
Like most ads, they probably used a better headset for the photo.

Martin