Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Uploading Image problems

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Click the "Upload a File" button below your text. This pops up a file selection dialog box that you can use to browse to the location where your images are stored.

Select the image(s) you want to upload. You can select more than one image to upload at a time. Then click Open. The images will be uploaded and will appear in a list below your text.

Put the edit cursor in your text at the position where you want a picture to be inserted, and click the "Full image" button next to the image you want to insert into your post. Repeat for the other images.

Your images have to be in a recognised format. I know JPG, GIF and PNG are supported.

Hi Kris

I did that. The problem is that when I click on the picture, the program begins to upload it, and then inmediately, the following error message appears:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.
<filename>

And nothing else. I'm not sure what the error is. Picture is .JPG and its size is under 40kB

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Have you had that page open in your browser for a while? Try reloading the page (copy your text first so it doesn't get lost) then try again. If that doesn't work, go to the forum page then go back to your thread. As a last resort, log out then log back in.

Sorry no results. Without pictures, this thread should be closed and deleted, cause it is empty words only.

Sorry again. It should be one of the lots of restrictions that I have.

Thank you very much for help.

Ian

Administrator
Hi Miguel, I'm not sure what the problem would be as the error log appears fine. It could be that there is a problem with the image file itself and the forum software can't handle the upload - can you try saving an image from this site (perhaps the logo) and see if you're able to use that? I'll move the image related posts to a new thread once we've got this problem solved so that we can get it back on track for you :).

If that fails, you could try using: http://www.imagebam.com/

b8dd0d350659973.jpg

Well, ir seems that I can access the website that you gave me. Usually I can not access file hosting websites, cause I'm not allowed to do so by my webmaster.

Thanks Ian and Kris.

Ian, I think I can go on with the thread. Anyway, I'll wait until you have moved the picture-related posts to other thread (including this one).

Thank you guys.

Reactions: Ian

Harald Kapp

I sometimes encounter similar problems as Miguel when trying to upload a picture. One workaround that (well, almost always) works for me is:
- submit the post without uploading the attachment
- re-open the post for edit
- upload the attachment
- insert image link into the appropriate position in the post.

I don't know why the upload fails on the first try.

Harald