Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Two Reed Switches To Turn On a Closet Light

I have a closet with two folding doors. The doors meet in the middle and when fully open provide unimpeded access to the full width of the closet. I would like to have an LED light which turns on if either door or both doors are open. With some fumbling around, experimentation, and advice from Professor Google I can get the light to turn on when it should using one reed switch. But before I install a permanent solution using both reed switches I would appreciate some expert advice so that I do not waste my investment in the LED light and rechargeable power source or start a fire. Would my naïve approach diagrammed below work? I apologize for the poor drawing. What I am trying to show is that one lead to the LED comes directly from a rechargeable battery power source. The other lead would be a combination of the output of the two NO terminals on the reed switches. Thanks very much for any advice you can offer. Bob

upload_2022-5-4_4-46-17.gifupload_2022-5-4_4-46-17.gif upload_2022-5-4_4-46-17.gif

Harald Kapp

Simply wire the reed switches in parallel. The the lights will be on if either or both doors are open.

Thank you Harald for a prompt response. Although I think I know what it means to wire lights in parallel I am not so sure about switches. Would this be what you mean?
upload_2022-5-4_9-46-49.png

Thanks, Bob