Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transmitting to the moon

Hi guys,

I have been asked to design and build a system to send a signal to the moon. My initial thoughts were on the microwave scale but I thought you guys here would be the best to ask about this!

For some reason they don't need to receive the signal back again which kind of defies the point to me but hey I'm just doing what I'm told!!

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Simon

davenn

who is asking you to do this and for what purpose ... ie. what is the goal ??

Us amateur radio operators bounce signals off the moon on a regular basis and hear our own reflected signal and signals from others.

tell us more and maybe we can help ... its all a bit vague

Dave VK2TDN

That is all the information I have at the moment!

I should know more in a day or so but what you guys do will probably do the trick I reckon, its for a group called guerrilla science. They are all about doing funky fun things with science. How would I go about bouncing a radio signal off the moon?

They have said that they don't really care about hearing it back but I say if I can hear it back then Why not do it!! How would I go about doing this? Is it particularly hard to do? what sort of signals would be best to bounce? I have some experience with electronics having done an A-level many moons ago (excuse the pun) I have also built a Tesla coil so am always up for trying new things!

Any initial help would be great before I get the full details as to what they want.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks, I have been googleing all sorts of things trying to find ways of doing it! Now I have the correct terms my search should be more fruitful!!

If only I had found this forum a few years ago! It seems like a good resource for all things electrical!

Simon