Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Remote control transmitting but doesn't work ?

Hello electronicspoint community !

Here is my problem i have an "old" stereo system and i don't know if the remote control or the sensor is faultly ?

0) hi-fi system Panasonic SC-AK 410 , bought in ~2004

1) The original Remote control is transmitting, (IR checked with a camera) but it doesn't work.

2) I didn't use the system since long time ago and this issue happened before but it re worked after i dissasemble the remote to clean it (?).

3) obviously the remote fell down many times but it's still in one piece.

4) nothing look or smell burnt.

5) nothing looks wrong inside the remote.

6)

Thank you.

edit: photos added !

Last edited:
Is the lens on the receiver clean and dust-free?
Sure SOUNDS like a problem with the remote, but could be a problem with the receiver.

Is the lens on the receiver clean and dust-free?
Sure SOUNDS like a problem with the remote, but could be a problem with the receiver.

Dust free on the panel yes, but inside the chassis i don't know. We can see the led receiver from the exterior and there something lke a cross in front of it, like this:
1484337792-sans-titre.jpg

I should dissasemble the system and see if there is any dust inside maybe ?

Before giving up if unsuccessful head scratching; and solder joints are healthy, replace the resonator with one with the same frequency; usually canibalizable from another discarded remote control.
It is the part that suffers the most due to being dropped.

davenn

that is true :)

Dust free on the panel yes, but inside the chassis i don't know. We can see the led receiver from the exterior and there something lke a cross in front of it, like this:
1484337792-sans-titre.jpg

I should dissasemble the system and see if there is any dust inside maybe ?

I doubt it would have enough dust on it to stop it working, specially if you can easily see the image of it you posted

there is a possibility that it receiver module has failed ... rare but possible

replace the resonator with one with the same frequency; usually canibalizable from another discarded remote control.

I'd like to replace this part but what is the value? 4 Mhz? There is a "ã" after "4.00"

1484417091-dsc01597.jpg