Maker Pro
Maker Pro

translating schematic for device variant

Hey guys

I'm trying to work out how to translate this 8 pin one shot circuit to work with Micrel's tiny 5 pin SOT-23 suface mount variant as the board I want to make needs to be as small as possible to fit tight spaces:

It's nowhere near finished but I've not played with a 555 before, so I'm doing things in small stages to get my head round each aspect properly.

The circuit I'm trying to translate (and it's details) came from this wabsite and can be found near the bottom of the page:

http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info/page9.htm

I'm also open to suggestions for other circuits and solutions. I can't code for toffee but if I can find a coder willing to help out I would consider using a small MCU like the ATTiny5/10 as they have just the right number of I/O for the job and also come in a SOT-23 package.

[mod edited to remove duplicate images]

Attachments

• mic1555_1557.pdf
    160.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

I'm trying to work out how to translate this 8 pin one shot circuit to work with Micrel's tiny 5 pin SOT-23 suface mount variant as the board I want to make needs to be as small as possible to fit tight spaces:

hi

You must have err'ed in your uploads, all 3 uploaded images are identical

try again

27R is way too low. Did you mean 27k?
Why did you up the cap value to 10uF?

Probably, I'm a little Dysnumeric which adds an intersting spin to things.

I chose 10uf as I have a flippin million of the things, I stumbled on an ebay deal for a real of 0805s, no bidders and with only seconds to go.

Just trying to figure out if the button needs a debouncibg circuit or not, I'm hoping the cap/resistor arrangement will take care of that.

Can anyone confirm?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Well, note you are showing the switch also connected to some other IC. I don't know if that will like a bouncy input.

If the switch was there previously then it is probably not a concern.

My apologies, I should have elaborated.

The other IC represents the WT588D-16p audio playback module from Waytronic. I swore I wouldn't use audio modules some time back as I wanted to learn how to make my own systems but in all honesty, there's just no way I could even come close to the flexibility these offer.

For the setup in the schematic, the module will be in manual operation mode. To trigger playback, one simply pulls one of the "key" pins to ground. Debouncing isn't needed as you can set the playback behaviour of each file using a programmer (about $10) and relevent free software. Playback styles include: loop once, continuous loop until release, play once only (pressing the button after playback has started does nothing), play per press (file playes from beggining each press) and a slew of others.

They also work with MCUs, either three line or one line giving direct access to each file installed.