Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Three way switch selection for switching aux phono output

Sorry, can't edit the title, which should have referred to aux Input!

Anyway, I'm trying to source a suitable single switch with which to separately provide the aux phono input on my Technics SU V3 amplifier from three different devices ie TV, cd player and a Roberts RS1 Streamer.

I believe I need a double pole triple throw type of switch, but there doesn't appear to be much of that type available. All I have found is a slide switch which is described as on-on-on, for 12v dc max at 200mA max. Trouble is I'm unsure whether this is up to the job in terms of V & A, and also its described function, and it's not available until April. A 100ma one is in stock - could this be suitable?

A similarly rated one is available in on-off-on configuration, but I don't think this will suit. The former is shown on website below.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

https://uk.farnell.com/c-k-componen...tch-slide-dp3t/dp/2435089#anchorTechnicalDOCS

Last edited:
Thanks for all replies.
The Amazon unit is really neat, Martin, but I really only need the switch itself to replace an existing two way switch.
Rotary switch idea seems much more robust, but I'm still not sure what V & mA to go for?

Wouldn’t a ‘make before break’ connect two sources together?.
I would have thought a ‘break before make’ would be suitable for signal path.

Martin