Maker Pro
Maker Pro

The Solar Powered Glove: Need Advice!

Hey guys I'm Alex and I'm new to this forum. A little help here, Im trying to build solar power heated gloves. I'm looking to use a solar cell and attach it to a charging module (thats connected to a battery) which also has an alternative usb port. Basically the charging module which is connected to the battery can take in energy from the solar cell and usb port. There are two alternatives for charging this battery. Then the idea was to use that energy stored in the battery to heat up some aluminum which is all placed in the glove. I also need an on/off switch. Is this set up possible? If so, what parts do i need and how do I connect everything so this works properly? This is my project for school, any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-5V...e-for-1A-Lithium-Battery-MC24US-/301027178620

This is the charging board module i was planning on using and a 3.7V 900mAh battery with a 5V solar cell

Easy! Just wear black gloves. They will capture nearly all of the energy falling on them from the sun and convert it into heat.

Bob