Maker Pro
Maker Pro

The Newb has a question...

hi guys, I have to customize a weird huge My Little Pony talking toy for a client, the phrases it uses randomize, I think 5 in total.

I know for specifics you experts will need detail, but for a general query, how are these sound files stored and can they be changed or replaced?

Many thanks and pardon if that seemed like a dumb question!

ponyrehab

Ooo I love My Little Pony (and I'm not afraid to admit it even if I'm a 33 year old guy :cool: )

There is really no way of knowing how the data is stored but historically these things have usually been in the form of a COB (chip built directly on the board with a big blob of resin over it).

I'd say the easiest way to customise it is to rip out all the insides and replace with a general purpose sound module that you can store your own files in. Try sparkfun - they always have small modules like that.

Thank you sooo much! You were right, gloop covered gubbins! I grabbed a record-your-own type gizmo from ebay and I'll remove the old one and rig it to the same button on the toy.

You know I couldn't get any help from anyone, suppliers, factories, shops. And here for two seconds and I get it solved, I didn't even know you could buy these things. (why would I?)

Thanks again.

PR