Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Technique questions

These questions are not geared toward any particular circuit, but these issues come uop from time to time, and I am wondering how people proceed:

1. I've built some circuits where a whole bunch of wires, (let;'s say 20 wires), all are to connect to a ground, or to a pin on another component. Any tips on how to deal with this while j=keeping the project tidy? For example, i had a project in which I had about 20 very thin wires (magnet wires) that needed to come together before going to another component pin. I kept bunching the enfs of the 20 wires to one another and soon ended up with an 1/8" diameter bundle of wires, that i attached a single wire tio, and ran that to the other component. Any best practices on this?

2. Similar to the above, I once had about 8 wires running to the ground (-) terminal. I kept wrapping each around the pin from the negative connector. The pin from the negative connector ended up having several wires wrapped around it, similar to if you wrapped a rope around the base of a pole. Is there a better way?

Thank-you

Terminal strip.
Ones below are shown as 3 however other combinations are available.
Can be slid together to make combination of terminal numbers.
No requirement to go for expensive stuff as you can u get similar from Ebay etc.
Terminal mounts in pcb holes and bridge across the pins.

Other alternative is provide bridge pads on the copper side of the matrix board or whatever.

Attachments

• Terminal strip.jpg
    Terminal strip.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
If you have a printed circuit board, allow eight places for wire. If similarly, you switch to veroboard there are liines of copper connecting lines of holes. You need only allocate a line to ground and solder them all into the same line.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veroboard

If they are to be separable, then terminals or connectors may be appropriate.