Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tachometer help

Hello,
i bought Piaggio Porter, he dont have RPM gauge or any sort of gauge exept
Km/h gauge.
So i was wondering if you can help me with code and advices on how to make one.
I had one i mind but i fail to transfer data on LCD, i was planing to use 0,96 OLED but
after playing i noticed that it will be to little to see.
So i have adruino mega and 2.8 welleman VMA412 tft display.

My plan was to use hall effect sensor i bought SS461A, and a magnet.
Plan was to put it on flywheel of the car, cuz it has some holes from balancing so i think it will fit in there. Or I could use pulse from distributor if its easyer to write. Dont know what kind of puls but i
think its hall effect sensor in distributor, but it has 3 cylinder so i will get 3 pulse per one rotation of the
distributor.
And maybe a temperature reading from engine, gearbox. and maybe outside temperature.

On the screen i was thinking of regular markings withount any hightech stuff, just simple.

I know it wont be easy,cuz i dont know how to do the programing and coding.

I know it wont be easy,cuz i dont know how to do the programing and coding.

That will be your first hurdle as will be your apparent knowledge of English .
The latter being a programming requirement as syntax is important.

Other than that, if you have 3 cylinder 2 stroke it may be 3 firings per rev.
If a 4 stroke then 3 firings per 2 revs.

There are plenty of tacho arrangements out there, just have to Google, or be prepared to pay big time for someone to write and set up a system for you.

That will be your first hurdle as will be your apparent knowledge of English .
The latter being a programming requirement as syntax is important.

Other than that, if you have 3 cylinder 2 stroke it may be 3 firings per rev.
If a 4 stroke then 3 firings per 2 revs.

There are plenty of tacho arrangements out there, just have to Google, or be prepared to pay big time for someone to write and set up a system for you.
I didnt say my knowledge of English is perfect.
As far as my knowledge of programing goes i did find some code but it wont transfer to my LCD, thats why I ask for help from ones that have more knowledge than me.
I just need help to get my readings to get on screen, i dont want you to make code for me, just to advice me and correct what i write wrong. And i sure will write code wrong.
If you want to help me to upgrade my knowledge great, if not, its ok. No hard feelings.

Ill post my code later.

3 cylinder 4 stroke.

Regards,

No idea what you mean "code will not transfer to my LCD".
You supply no code example or what it was designed for, what you have tried in applying the code or any test setup diagrams.
A quick search for Piaggio Porter brings up many examples, so no idea which one do you have.
In my experience, the best place to get help with Arduino projects is the Arduino forum.
Be prepared to supply as much information as you can as you will get a similar response there.
People are not mind readers, do not like to have to search for details and crystal balls have flat batteries most of the time.

No idea what you mean "code will not transfer to my LCD".
You supply no code example or what it was designed for, what you have tried in applying the code or any test setup diagrams.
A quick search for Piaggio Porter brings up many examples, so no idea which one do you have.
In my experience, the best place to get help with Arduino projects is the Arduino forum.
Be prepared to supply as much information as you can as you will get a similar response there.
People are not mind readers, do not like to have to search for details and crystal balls have flat batteries most of the time.

I see, few help with arduinos here, so far i have good replys here so... why go somewhere else if i get the right info here.

Piaggio porter aka daihatsu hijet are same from 1988 untill 2009, bodywork, small difference in engines over the years,
Mine is `95 1.0 carb.

Code that i find calculate RPM, function PulseIn() that i found today worked.

int pin = 2;
unsigned long duration;
int temp;
int points; //number of measuring points

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
pinMode(pin, INPUT);
digitalWrite (7,HIGH);
}

void loop (){
duration = pulseIn(pin,LOW,15000000);
temp=60000000/duration;
points=temp/1;
Serial.println(points);
}

I just have to work my way up so that i can get RPM readings on my LCD.

I see, few help with arduinos here, so far i have good replys here so... why go somewhere else if i get the right info here.

Mainly because the Arduino experts reside there.
I would have thought that would be obvious.

First thing they will comment on is lack of comment.
One of the first rules a beginner must follow if any resemblance of tracking program at a future date possible.

Obviously did not read my earlier reply as for example, VMA412 tft display, where I had to search for details.
Not familiar with it or it's interfacing requirements.

Goto #4.o_O

Mainly because the Arduino experts reside there.
I would have thought that would be obvious.

First thing they will comment on is lack of comment.
One of the first rules a beginner must follow if any resemblance of tracking program at a future date possible.

Obviously did not read my earlier reply as for example, VMA412 tft display, where I had to search for details.
Not familiar with it or it's interfacing requirements.

Goto #4.o_O

Ok, i will ask for help on arduino forum.
Thanks for advice.