Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Supercapacitor Based 5 minutes Fast USB Charger

A 2.7 v 500 farad supercapacitor can be charged in 5 minutes, if provided with 3A charging current,after that charging cell phone for 30 to 50% battery level is possible.
The next level is then to step up the voltage upto 5 volts with minimum 500 ma for usable applications
To make use of supercapacitor at its best i found power management solutions ic from linear technology "LTC 3108 & LTC 3105", which can work with 20 mv input!!!
Here's my video ,check out and let me know your better suggestions.

It doesn't matter if you have a super capacitor, a plug-in charger or a direct connection to the sun; the most you can push through a micro USB connector is around 2A. At that rate, a typical smart phone could be charged in 20-30 minutes. That's about what I get with the "turbo" charger that came with my phone. To charge in 5 minutes would require 10A or more.

Read the OP again, he is not talking about charging the phone in 5 minutes, he is talking about charging the supercap in 5 min.

Bob

His post is titled "Supercapacitor Based 5 minutes Fast USB Charger" and his video is titled "How To Charge Your Phone in 5 Minutes…"

What nuance of opposite meaning am I missing?

Last edited: