Maker Pro
Maker Pro

stm32f407 discovery board + atollic + cube mx libraries?

Hi!

I am pretty new to stm32 ARM muc's. I am trying to learn as much as fast as i can. Right now i am wondering how libraries there works. I am aware that when i create project in atollic studio and chose the right mcu (discovery board), the Atollic will automatically copy and include path for drivers. For example:

* @file stm32f4xx_gpio.c
* @author MCD Application Team
* @version V1.1.0
* @date 11-January-2013

There is also include path for "utilities" where are located drivers for onboard mems microphone that i would like to use.

* @file stm32f4_discovery_audio_codec.c
* @version V1.1.1
* @date 14-May-2012

The problem is, that i would like to configure my stm using cube mx to generate project for atollic. When i do this, cube mx give his own libraries to the project (they are different, but made by same team "MCD Application Team"). For example:

* @file stm32f4xx_hal_gpio.c
* @version V1.5.2
* @date 22-September-2016

There is the _hal_ in the name of library ... So my problem is: I want configure my mcu using cube mx, but i need the libraris and "utility libraries" like when i create project directly in atollic.
I know that simple solution for this could be copy those default libraries to projects created by atollic. But this doesnt look like proper way how to do this for me. For example this way, there would be two libraries for gpios the default "stm32f4xx_gpio.c" + the hal "stm32f4xx_hal_gpio.c". This could interfare right?

I hope you understand what i mean.
Thanks for any suggestions
Jan

Last edited: