Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stepping down voltage from a battery

Im working on an airsoft replica and the issue im having is that the battery i have is way to powerfull but is the only battery that fits my replica propperly. The battery is lipo 11.1 volts, 1600mah, 20C i need to take the voltage down to at least 8 volts, i know that there is a formula to find what resistor i can use to step down the voltage but i really dont know, so any input , help is appreciated

Depending on the application, the industry uses one of the following three methods, listed below in the order of increasing power level:

1) A charge pump: lets the potential energy built up in a row of parallel capacitors then switches to connect the capacitors in series to add up the voltage.

2) A boost converter: lets the kinetic energy built up in an inductor then switches to discharge that energy to a capacitor to pump up the capacitor voltage.

3) A transformer: oscillates the DC to an AC, runs the AC through a step up transformer, then rectifies the secondary AC back to a DC.

electronic gadgets-buy electronics
Car Diagnostic Tools-CarECU

Last edited:
Depending on the application, the industry uses one of the following three methods, listed below in the order of increasing power level:

A transformer: oscillates the DC to an AC, runs the AC through a step up transformer, then rectifies the secondary AC back to a DC.

there is no such thing as a transformer oscillator !!!
if you run dc through a transformer , there is no change in flux , and hence Emf is not
induced , IN SHORT NOTHING HAPPENS